What a wonderful New Year it will be…what can go wrong, after all, when we have such a cohesive community – one that stands together, falls together and rises together. Let’s lock arms to make a great January 2016. Keep reading for all the events you can enjoy, share and support.
On a personal note, I am blessed to have another granddaughter, Adelyn Erica Rabago, born on December 20th! She’s a beauty, of course. She has my genes! HAHAHA. Is it my imagination, or does she have “piano fingers”?
I must have been a good girl in 2015. Santa Lou bought me a new digital piano – my dream piano: a Roland FP-80. This instrument does everything but clean up the dinner dishes, although I think I could train it to do those too! I’ve been playing it for hours every night, getting to know its array of functions. Can’t wait to show it off to you….
MUSIC AND FESTIVITIES:
- Friday, January 8th, Elks Lodge 2160 Wickenburg – I’ll bring on the tunes, they’ll cook a great feast, and this place likes to dance. Come join us from 5:30 – 8:30pm! OR
- Friday, January 8th, Yarnell Family Diner – Walt Eckes can’t make it this week, so you’ll be entertained by Delbert Long, AWESOME guitarist. The locals are very familiar with Delbert; check him out while you enjoy dinner, 5pm-8pm.
- Friday, January 15th, Third Friday Birthday Night! Our January babies are: (INSERT BIRTHDAYS). I will be away on a conference for the Fire District, so Manzanita Road’s Duo from Prescott will be your Birthday Bash Entertainment! 5pm-8pm, and birthday babies get free dessert. Trivia Game just for fun, provided by Leah Tidey. This is always a fun night.
Carolyn Sands – Jan 2
Diane Tackett – Jan 3
Cliff Dupuy – Jan 10
Barb Schlegel – Jan 17
Mary Skalkoyannis – Jan 24
Rowle Simmons – Yavapai County Board of Supervisors
NOTE: Saturday January 16th… Mike Manone of Yarnell Homes will be having a BB & Pot Luck with bonfire and a drumming. Starts at 5 PM.
FYI, I have been hired a lot lately for private parties – FUN! I’m about to perform for the second time at Simpson Ranch, next Wednesday. I wish I could invite you all; however it’s a private RV Club. But, keep me in mind for private parties, weddings, house parties, etc….I like small intimate settings just as much as the bigger and rowdy ones.
- Tuesday, January 12th – EMT Classes begin at the Yarnell Fire District Training Center. These classes provide certification and test prep for the State Requirements and the National Exam. It’s not too late to sign up. Share the info for this 3 month course, and have candidates call 928-427-6578 to sign up.
- Wednesday, January 13th at 7pm Acoustic Eidolon Concert at the Yarnell Presbyterian Church. Amazing Duo, world-renowned! Get your tickets in advance: $15 for one, $25 for two. They’re available at the Fire Administration Building. This is a fundraiser for the Yarnell Fire Auxiliary. If you wait, the tickets will be $20 at the door.
- Also, Wednesday, January 13th, Yarnell Public Library hosts an Artist Meet and Greet at 3pm. Refreshments include cookies and juice.
- Thursday, January 14th, Community Meeting will be held at 6pm in the Yarnell Community Center. Open to all who want to keep up on community projects, recovery from the fire, the Dollar General, Memorial Park status, etc…
- Saturday, January 16th at 8:30am is the Community Leadership Breakfast, hosted by the Yarnell Presbyterian Church. This is a social mixer, shall we say.
- Monday, January 18th – Dessert Day at the Yarnell Community Center from 11am – 12:30pm. This is a fundraiser for the YCC, and you can enjoy Pie or Cake Ala Mode. Yum!
- Wednesday, January 20th at 5:30pm is the Monthly Chamber of Commerce Meeting, at the Community Center. The Chamber has several projects in motion. Come on over to the meeting to learn what’s happening and get involved!
I think that’s a great way to end this event blog for now. I sure hope to see you soon.
TAKE ON THE NEW YEAR!