I’ve been having a rough time lately with time constraints. I trained like crazy for the Yarnell Memorial Run, which was an amazing event on June 2nd. I ran and walked fast, placing 6th out of 14 runners in my category. Next year, my goal is to place in the top 3. But it requires much more training, which requires free time to do it – and lately, I’ve had zilch. Zero. Nada. I’ve decided to make an Anytime Resolution: my health and fitness is important, so I will get up earlier to make it a priority. Earlier is 5am, since I already rise at 5:30. This way, I can still have my coffee time and not feel time pressures getting ready for work, eating breakfast, and so on. My grant writing company is really taking off! But the temptation has been to sit at the computer with my coffee, and before I know it, the clock spins to 7am, time to hit the shower. That’s not working for me. When something’s not working, we change it! Otherwise, we fit into the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting a different result. It’s a rut, folks. Don’t fall for it. What’s your resolution? I wish you the best in seeing it through.
Hey, All! How have you been? I appreciate those of you who have reached out and asked why you haven’t heard from me in awhile. I have been busier than even I thought….So, what have you been up to? I hope you’re healthy and happy. Here’s what’s been happening:
- An Acoustic Piano was given to me. I am so excited! The Tuner comes this week and I can’t wait.
- I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Northern Arizona University – Finally!
- I promptly incorporated my new Grants Consulting Firm, LDR ProSolutions, LLC
- I’ve been playing a TON of private parties lately.
- The Yarnell Memorial Run – that’s partly one of my “babies” with the help of several others in Yarnell. June 2nd was the BEST ever.
- Lou and I have been updating my website. Soon you’ll see a new look.
- I’ve been writing grants! In fact, yesterday for the first time ever, I received two Grant Awards in one day!
SO…I haven’t published my most recent gigs, simply because they weren’t open to the public. The next public event on my schedule is Crown King Saloon, Saturday, July 7th at 7pm. In the works is Augie’s Prescott and American Legion Post 79 in Yarnell. I’ll keep you informed! I’ll also be performing my song, “Blazing Honor” in tribute to the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots on June 30th at the Memorial Service: 4pm, Yarnell Community Presbyterian Church.