Happy April, Friends:
We have a HOST of info in this edition of the email newsletter. Here’s the scoop for Music Venues so far:
1. Friday, April 7 – You are in for a TREAT! Doug Yuska, a very talented guitarist/singer will be performing at the Yarnell Family Diner from 5pm – 8pm. Doug resides part time in Glen Ilah; he played on the Yarnell Daze Stage for me a couple years ago, and you will love it.
2. Friday, April 7 – I’ll be in Prescott Valley, Elks Lodge 330 from 5:30 – 8:30pm; if you’re up North stop in for Dinner.
3. Friday, April 14th – Our Strings Attached maestro, Walt Eckes, will bring your Friday Night tunes at the Yarnell Family Diner, 5pm – 8pm
4. Friday, April 14th – I’ll be playing at Elk’s Lodge 2160 Wickenburg from 6pm – 9pm. You’re always welcome!
5. Friday, April 21st – THIRD FRIDAY, Birthday Night! I’ve missed you all, so now I get to bring the music. Birthday Babies eat free dessert and we play Trivia just for fun. Happy Birthday to:
- April 1st – Cherie Kinder
- April 2nd – Mike Manone
- April 12th – Frances Lechner
- April 21st – Kurt Florman
- April 22nd – Jack Rauh
- April 27th – Rebecca Wilks
5. Friday, April 28th – Manzanita Road’s talented duo, Tim & Terry, will perform at the Yarnell Family Diner from 5pm – 8pm
6. Saturday, April 29th – I’ve been ask to play at the Bomar’s multi-national Luau! That will be exciting. It’s in Peeples Valley at their home. It requires an RSVP. Festivities begin at 5pm with a warm up, and 6pm feasting. Many in the community attend this annual gathering. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Isn’t the mix of music at the Diner making it FUN? I love it – mixing it up is good for business all around.
Additional April items:
The Yarnell Community Presbyterian Church Movie for April is God’s Country (The movie shows that with faith and love it is never too late to learn where real riches can be found); Tuesday April 11 at 6:30 pm in the Yarnell Community Church Fellowship Hall at 16455 Table Top Way in Yarnell. Feel free to bring your own comfortable chair and blankie!. As always, movie, popcorn and drinks will be provided at no cost. We invite everyone to join us at the movies. For more info call Jim Kellmann: 928-308-9884 or Church 928-427-3421.
Community Presbyterian Church Annual Rummage Sale – Friday April 28 and Saturday April 29 – 8AM to noon.
We will have furniture, adult and children clothes, kitchen supplies, and household items. All items are sold by donation only. Come and find some fun treasures and enjoy a slice of home baked pie with coffee after you browse and buy! If you don’t find a treasure just come in and say hi. All of our proceeds stay in Yarnell to support our local Meals on Wheels and our Food Bank.
Saturday, May 6th at 2pm – Come to the Yarnell Fire Station for an Ice Cream Social hosted by the Yarnell Fire Auxiliary. You do NOT want to miss this. That day is heralded as Wildfire Preparation Day. Bruce Olson, who is overseeing the 2017 Fuels Mitigation Program, wants to share some important information with the entire community. Donations for the Auxiliary will be accepted. This is an excellent way to find out what is happening from a Wildland Firefighter perspective, and what you can do to stay Firewise. See you there.
Yarnell Daze 2017! May 13th, all day, parade at 10am, everywhere in town. Check out the Beer Garden, the Vendor’s Field Entertainment Stage, the Car Show and the ART Show- you will be impressed!
Saturday, June 3rd is the 4th Annual Yarnell Memorial Run – Remembering the Hotshots and Raising Funds for the Yarnell Fire District, Eric Marsh Foundation and William H. Warneke Foundation. 5k, 10k, 19k and Fun Run/Walk. Contact me at the Fire District to volunteer, sponsor or participate in the event. We NEED YOU. 928-427-6578
Thanks and see you soon,