Just got back from an amazing trip to Atlanta, where I had the privilege of presenting two classes for the American Grant Writers Conference. If you think it’s humid here, trust me it’s NOT! Glad to be home and and share some FUN right here:
1. Friday Night, August 4th – Join me at the Yarnell Family Diner, 5pm – 8pm for dinner and music by yours truly.
2. Saturday Morning, August 5th – We won’t stay out late on Friday, because we have an AWESOME Pancake Breakfast from 8am to 11am at the Yarnell Fire Station. Hosted by the Yarnell Fire Auxiliary to raise funds for the Honorary Mayor Campaign.
Who doesn’t like pancakes, sausage, bacon, berries and all the fixins’? That’s what I thought….see you there bright and early. Requested donation: $7 per adult, $3 per child
3. Wednesday, August 9th – 5pm at the Yarnell Community Presbyterian Church. WE ARE IN FOR A TREAT UNLIKE ANYTHING ELSE!
Rock Springs Café, Black Canyon City, is a business owned by a true friend of Yarnell, Augie Perry. Rock Springs is noted for the best tasting pies this side of the Mississippi – even this side of the Atlantic!
They are sponsoring a Pie Tasting at the church….Another awesome opportunity for the Yarnell Fire Auxiliary. So, $10 dollars gets you a taste of 3 flavors, add $1 for a la mode.
Linda Ma says that left over pies may be auctioned off. So, who doesn’t like pie, coffee and ice cream??? That’s what I thought. So, see you there, 5pm on the 9th. (check out the flavors at Rock Springs Café website.
4. Friday, August 11th – Yarnell Family Diner welcomes our own Walt Eckes “Strings Attached” from 5pm – 8pm.
5. Friday, August 11th – My second Fridays are contracted each month at the Wickenburg Elks Lodge 2160 – I start between 5:30 and 6pm. They serve awesome dinners restaurant style.
Not a member? Let us know and we’ll get you in as our guests. There is a limit to how many times we can do that, but if you like the place, we’ll sponsor you for membership. Talk to my Lou! He knows the ropes.
6. Friday, August 18th – I’ll bring the tunes at THIRD FRIDAY at the Yarnell Family Diner, which means it’s BIRTHDAY NIGHT – Trivia, free dessert for Birthday Babies, and often dancing if you choose.
Here’s my list. Happy Birthday to:
- Kim Lytle – August 3
- Bev Zimmerman – August 10th
- Wayne Schlegel – August 15th
- Patricia Edwards – August 21st
- Garnet Dupuy – August 26th
- Patty Cooper – August 26th
- Karen Belton – August 26th
- Jeremiah McClain – August 25th
Happy Anniversary is in order too! August 15th is Wayne and Barbara Schlegel’s Special Day.
7. Ever heard of Christmas in July? Well this one’s a twist: Oktober Fest in August: I’ll be performing at VFW Post 541, Prescott from 3pm – 6pm on Wednesday, August 16th – Beer Garden and food, sponsored by the VFW Auxiliary.
A little weeknight treasure. Veterans of Foreign Wars is a members only club, however – once again you may attend as our guests for this event. All we need to know is that you’re coming!
8. Saturday, August 19th – 10am to 1pm – Peeples Valley Fire Auxiliary is hosting a Community Picnic. All in Yarnell and Peeples Valley are invited. Burgers, dogs, potato salad, drinks, games for children and adults. Be there or be square….
More information is available for Community Center Events, Chamber Events, Church Events (we have so much going on!). So here’s where to access a ton of info:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and request to be placed on their lists!
Hugs and wishes for a good week,